Monday, July 18, 2011

Halloween pumpkins

Every Devil's Night, my friend Matty has a huge bash at his house out in the country. Last year, I had quite a lot of free time leading up to the holiday, so I etched a couple of pumpkins to take to the party!

I used one of the pumpkin pattern books that you can get at any Meijer (or Target, Kmart, Walmart, Kroger, Publix, etc.) For this first pattern - it may have been called "witchy woman" or something - I used a #11 blade in an Exact-o knife to slice around the whole design (which was taped onto the pumpkin). Then I made shallow slices through all of the parts that would normally be cut completely through, and sliced the rind off in bits. I fully cut through the eye slits.


In normal light.


The Haunted House pattern, done the same as the other, in normal light.

The Haunted House, outside at night with a candle in it. The "sky" flesh could've been a bit thinner...

The masterpiece!!

No comments:

Post a Comment